Monday, 30 March 2009

And as My Steps, Echo, Echo, Louder than Before

I don't know if people have noticed, but this funny thing called sunshine is making a concerted effort to shine at the moment.  This is good.  Despite erring towards the miserable side, and enjoying a good rainstorm, even I appreciate that the early spring sunshine makes everyone feel good.

The promise of summer, is quite possibly even better.  And you know what, it's going to be an ace summer!!  Home made burgers, Jim Beam Teriyaki Ribs, BBQ Baked Chicken Breasts, Ice cold beer (in Stubbies of course), Dawn Patrols, Sunset Sessions, Hot Tarmac and Tyres, Cloudspotting, Philosophy and Fun.  And thats just a few of the components!!

There are people around me helping to promote this.  Kirsty of course, is busy cajoling me to get in a summer spirit, and looking after all of my little instabilities in the process.  There are others though.  Nick, is coming back from his enforced relaxation, and coming back more sage and wise than ever before... I'm massively proud of him as he's taken a infuriating and painful situation, and is has used it to reassess what is important to him and is making conscious decisions to address and change the direction of his life, which many people can learn from.  

My sister has also been through a massive period of upheaval throughout the last few months, and is beginning to come up sunnier and happier than I've seen her in a while, whilst other friends have got the biggest change yet to come, mainly Chris' and Nat's impending parenthood being really close, and really quite exciting.

My one challenge for this summer, is getting up and out there, and working towards getting jobs done for fun.  My garden has taken shape in my head, and the time I've got off in the next few weeks will see this move from vision, to a complete garden, which will be enjoyed greatly.

So if you do one thing leading up to this summer, get up, get going, drag someone who needs a smile out with you.  Do something fun, do something different, or just spend the day being mates, chatting, bantering and enjoying the company.

Aloha!

No comments: